Translate

onsdag 3. juli 2013

DIY: Licorice sauce

In the summertime I allow myself more desserts, kakes and sweets than during the rest of the year (funny when you think about it, since it's during the summer I show the most of my body..). My favorite dessert above every other, is strawberries. I could eat them every day all summer, and I sometimes even prefer to eat them à la nature (meaning straight from the basket). But when I make a dessert I usually tent to stay to the same accessories. With vanilla ice cream, vanilla sauce, or milk/cream and sugar.

Today I made whipped cream instead of the three mentioned above (mainly cause I didn't have space in the freezer for ice cream..), that is not very revolutionary, you may think. And if so, you are right. But I also made a third thing to accompany the berries and the cream; a sauce of licorice. I didn't come up with it myself, I actually saw it made in a TV program.. But I can't understand why I haven't thought about it before. Like, melting chocolate is quite common, so why not use licorice as well!? Especially since I love licorice. And melting it is exactly how you do it, if you like me havent tried before. What do I know. Maybe the whole world have made it for ages without me knowing. Well, now I know. And it was definitely not the last time that I made licorice sauce. I imagine it will taste really good with vanilla ice cream too.. Yummy for belly. 

Now, here is what you do:

Cut the licorice fudge in smaller pieces. 


Melt it with a little bit water

You should use low temperature and watch the saucepan all the time.

Serve with fresh berries – according to the chef in the TV program it works with all kind of berries




It is also good to save a few pieces of licorice and sprinkle them over just before digging in. 


Now, that leaves me only one thing to say: 

Keep calm and have some dessert.


 ♥ Zoubi


Pin It Now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar