Translate

fredag 5. juli 2013

Half Moon Run







When I was at the Mumford and Sons concert in Oslo in April, I also got to know a couple of new bands who are about to become new favorites of mine. You see, Mumford had two warm up bands, English Mystery Jets and Canadian Half Moon Run. Two bands completely new to me at the time. Of course, first thing I did when I got back home that night, was to search for the bands at Spotify. Mystery Jets was easy to find, and I've listened quite a lot to their music since April. But of the Half Moon Run, I could only find their hit, Full Circle. 

But a few days ago I finally discovered that there is an album out! And I've listened to it non stop the last couple of days and I must say, I like it better and better. So I thought, why not share the it!? 

The album is called Dark Eyes. It actually came out last year, but for some reason, maybe due to lack of popularity, it didn't come out until recently. Anyway, the album is finally out, and I like them maybe even better than at the concert in April. I will describe their music as calm and quiet indie, but it still got a nerve or energy to it. So it's not exactly acoustic. And most important; I find the music interesting. I believe I wont get tired of it within two weeks. That often happens to me when the music is too "easy", too "I've heard this before". I probably also like it because it reminds me a bit of Radiohead, my all time favorite band. I think. Some songs also remind me a bit of The Temper Trap, a band I also like quite a lot. Maybe it's because the vocals in both bands are so strong and powerful but soft at the same time. The songs I like the most from the album are 21 Gun Salute, Give Up and No More Losing The War.  

I will share a youtube clip from a concert for the song 21 gun salute, but for better versions of the songs, you should check out the album at Spotify. 





Hope you like it! And remember; listen to it a few times, sometimes it gets better and better! At least it is like that for me with good music.  


♥ Zoubi

Edit: I just found out that they are coming to Brussels October 31th! I am this close from buying a ticket. Even though I don't know anyone there to go with, or if I'm able to go that day. Yeah, and btw, I'm moving to Brussels in September. I guess I didn't tell you that. 
Pin It Now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar