Translate

onsdag 7. november 2012

Me today

I like fashion. A lot. But. Like I've said before, this is not a fashion blog. I actually don't feel that comfortable about doing the typical "todays outfit" posts that you see (daily) from every fashion blogger. So I guess you won't ever see me do those kinds of posts. Not like the real fashionistas do.

But in lack of something else (read: more interesting to write about) I thought why not. Let's give it a shot. Let's do it in a "kristineian" way. Cause I won't exactly call it a T.O. And, it won't happen so often that I put myself into the fashion blog category either. Hopefully.

I don't know how I got, or why I have this "complex"about outfit pictures. I read a lot of fashion blogs, and I also like most of them. Well, I mean, I like all the ones I read (of course, unless I wouldn't have read them) but there are also a few that I don't particularly like. Some women I don't want to be compared with, maybe that's the reason why I got this complex. I guess I just don't see myself do it. Plus, when I first started blogging about three years ago, I promised everyone that, at least, it wouldn't be those kinds of posts in there. But anyway, who cares. This blog is different. Even though I still ain't, and won't ever be a fashion blogger.

But maybe it can be inspiring, who knows..?

Now, cut the crap.

Here we go.

Today I was wearing a comfy cashmere sweater to a denim skirt. Nothing - pause - is more comfy than cashmere. Don't even argue. But, this isn't just an ordinary cashmere sweater. These sweaters were really popular while I was living in Paris. They sold them everywhere in every price level, depending on the percentage of cashmere or mohair. I first saw one on my host mum actually. It was wore by young as well as a bit older women. Which is a good quality of a piece of garment, in my opinion. The thing I like about them, is that they look really simple (and to some people boring I guess) from the front side. And then at the back they have all kinds of symbols and words. Like mine, it got angel wings at it's back.  I really like the mix of old classical clothes with new ideas or details are put into them. "It's the details that matters", we say in Norwegian. Then the denim skirt I've had for ages, one of my first boughts from when Warehouse first came to Norway. In other words; a long time ago. After some time, it didn't fit me for a while, so I was about to get rid of it, but then I didn't. I'm not so good at getting rid of clothes. I suppose I hoped it would fit me again. Most of the time, that never happen, right, but with this skirt it actually did! I like its wash, how it looks as it used to be a pair of pants, and its length. That means: not too short - but I still prefer using stockings underneath. (Not that you have any choice this time of year anyway.)


 Tada! I've done it! A "today's outfit" picture. Can you believe it!? I certainly can not. 


How it looks form the front (obviously)...

...and the back 
(never thought I would post pictures of my ass, but I'm letting the rebel out of me)

 
The beautiful pair of angle wings at the back of the cashmere sweater 


I like the combo of cashmere/denim.


Then to the accessories:


My beloved rings, both from Quartier Latin in Paris. 

The peacock ring to the right in the picture is my definitive favorite. I like better and better for every day. When I bought it, it was mostly because it was less heavy than the ones that I really wanted (with stones in them), and you paid a per gram price. But now I'm glad I chose this one. To me it's more unique. It's more me, in a way. And it's also one of the pieces that I've gotten the most compliments for, actually.

So, how did you like my first "Today's outfit"!?

I've heard there are some problems commenting, and due to the settings nothing is wrong. I don't know why it's not possible, but I will try to fix it again. It's in situations like this I wish I had a technical geek of a boyfriend. Not that I have a boyfriend at all, really.


ZOUBI 


Edit: Before going out this afternoon, sadly I had to change the skirt into a jeans. Just gotta love rainy Bergen.
Pin It Now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar