Translate

onsdag 24. april 2013

DIY: Felted Slippers

Remember my sneak peek a while ago? Me knitting something?

Well, that "something" was, as the title reveals, slippers!

Finally I'm able to show you the result! Though the cold season is soon to be over, probably. But then again, you are never too sure in Norway..!

Actually, this is my third pair, so I've finished some already. But I gave them away before taking pictures! First I gave a red pair to my sister, then a green one to my mother. So this is my third pair, these are, as you will see, blue. I was thinking making a pair in different colors to the whole family, so that everyone knows which pair belongs to whom. Well that is, if my brother and father would want them as well, of course.

They are very easy and quick to make, even for those who are not a knitting expert, like myself. I've never before knitted anything but scarfs. And now, after having done it a couple of times, I can finish one slipper in one evening.

Here is the recipe for those who might be interested (I'm sorry that it's only in Norwegian, but use google translation. And I'm also sure there are plenty similar recipes to be found)

Sorry that the picture is not the best, but it was sent to me by my roomie (who also teached me how to make them). 

If you are not used to knit after recipes, I would probably ask someone (probably your mother or your grandmother, they would know how, I'm sure), cause it can be a bit hard to get it at first without any help.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures from "during the knitting", but this is the final result. Before the washing happened, as you probably understand...

...and here's how it looks when they are finished being washed (at 40 degrees)..

Then when they are still wet, you must put them on, so that they will form to your feet and not shrink in too much. If they do, or if they get too big, then you can just wash them a second time (I probably have to do that).

And then you have made yourself (or your friend, your sister, your mother, or your someone) new nice and warm felted slippers!

And then mission is completed!



I think I will make a new pair soon, so maybe I will show you more details then from "during the knitting process" later. If someone's interested. 



♥ Zoubi



Pin It Now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar