Translate

lørdag 26. januar 2013

Weekend's here, peeps!

Days go by so fast, and weekend is here again, as you probably are well aware of already! Sure feels good! And I'm actually having the house for myself, all my roomies are away, and every now and then, that is quite nice..!

So this weekend, I'm having nothing but Kristine time. I've stayed home both yesterday night and tonight, both highly voluntary (I'm getting old...). I was out earlier this week, so I didn't have that much of a need going out again. It's nice to slow down and just do nothing after a stressful week (almost) without taking breaks.

Today I decided to bake something. I used the possibility when I had the kitchen all to myself. I could use as much time and do as much mess as I wanted. So I did. I decided to make something I've wanted to make for quite some time now, but I still haven't tried, namely home made müsli and crackers! Maybe the most trendy at the moment, at least so it seems, so maybe not a big surprise. Especially in January when everyone is trying to be a bit healthier and all. And of course, I couldn't be any worse! But back to the baking, it actually was a lot easier than I thought, I am really pleased with the final result! So I definitely will do it again. Before I started I had to go to the city center to buy everything. And by "everything" I mean lot of different kind of seeds and dried fruit, like linseeds, sunflower seeds, sesame, coconut flakes, goji berries ++. Stuff I didn't exactly have in my kitchen already. I spent quite a lot of money, and even had to go to a special grocery store (wonder why I haven't been there before, so many cool exotic things!) to get it all. But next time it will be both cheaper and easier, since I already have all the required ingredients. Yay!

Close up from the shopping net. 

Look at all this stuff! I have no words...



I started with the crackers (knekkebrød in Norwegian, we eat that a lot here).

I found the recipes in the Norwegian magazine Det Nye, but I'm sure there are also plenty of recipes allover at the internet. 

A lot of different seeds - so good, so healthy! 



And tada! They tasted so much better than the ones you buy in the store! Trust me!

A blurry picture, but I kind of like it. 


And then to the müsli..!

Also from Det Nye



Love the golden color! Doesn't it look delicious? (I don't know yet whether it tastes good, but ask me again after breakfast tomorrow..!)


Keep calm and do some baking!


Yeah, and about that statement necklace..! In case anyone wondered, but what do I know. Anyway, in addition to food, I also bought some new pearls today! So now it's closer than ever, so close I can almost smell my new neckless.


♥ Zoubi

Pin It Now!

1 kommentar: