Translate

mandag 22. oktober 2012

Check out: Poking Smot

Music is a big part of me. I listen to music many percent of my day. I can barely walk a short distance without plugging in my iPhone headset. No kidding.

I also love to discover new music whether it is a new song of a band/an artist that I like, or if it's something completely new to my ears. I can sit for many hours just searching for, and listening to new music. Sometimes, when I find a song that I really like right away, I want to listen to it over and over again, which makes me afraid to "over listen" and get tired of it too soon.. Though that rarely happens with really well made songs.

When it comes to my taste of music, it happens to be extremely variated. It's calm, it's rock, it's folk, it's fast, it's electronic.. Sometimes even classic! (Not exactly easy to find the common denominator!) It depends on what I'm doing, and on my mood, I guess. When people ask me about my taste, usually, I just say I got good taste (and good taste doesn't have one genre..). I've always been of the opinion that I got a great taste of music. I might even think that it's greater than most people, I admit it.. (but come on, who doesn't think that!?). But around a year ago, I actually heard it from someone else too! Someone that I didn't even know. I received an email at Facebook from a girl asking me to follow a music site called "Poking Smot", since I was a fan of some good bands and artists (her words..). Anyways, my point is, you should also like this page! I have found some great stuff from this page, I can assure you. So If you, like me, are a (wo)man with good taste of music (which I'm sure you are!) you should definitely like this page as well (If you don't do it already, of course..). I've already spread the word to some of my friends, and they all like the concept. And it got nothing to do with what kind of music you like. Hip Hop, Rock, Indie, Electronic, Rap, Pop, you name it. They're all represented.

First, go in and like the page:



How it works, is really simple. When you like the Poking Smot site at Facebook, you will get daily music news coming up. Normally it looks a bit like this:



As you can see, it shows the cover photo, the title, the band/artist, the link and best of all, the tags. Cause that's how you will now whether this is something for you or not. Ratatat is one of the bands I've discovered through Poking Smot btw.


Now you know what to do, you won't regret it!

Promise..


ZOUBI ♥ 

Edit: actually, they also got a homepage, where you can search for a specific genre etc, http://pokingsmot.net

Pin It Now!

2 kommentarer: