Translate

torsdag 11. oktober 2012

Tomorrow's gonna be a good day

Like I've said so many times now (I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over), Bergen is, without exaggerating, a very rainy city. When you're not from Bergen and are not used to it from when you were a kid, it takes some time to get used to it. In the beginning, it's quite depressing. But then, you just accept it. You surrender. It won't get any better if you complain and feel sorry for yourself anyway. You learn that it's just the way it is. The weather is for no one to control. Except God maybe.

You learn things like; never go somewhere without your umbrella; you should probably wear rain boots every day; if it looks nice in the morning when you leave home, don't take it for granted that it will continue to stay nice all day long. And a friday night, if you feel a little bit pretty before going to a party - which you hesitated to even go to because of the storm outside - you certainly don't anymore after the rain and wind messed up hair and makeup and made you look more like a witch than a princess.

Belive me, I've experienced it for two years now.


How I usually see Bergen - through my umbrella (this was yesterday btw)


But I think we who live in Bergen are really thankful when the sky is blue every once in a while. Cause we are probably the opposite of spoiled when it comes to nice weather. And it's so nice to see how the people of Bergen is enjoying it for all that it's worth. Everyone is smiling when the sun finally decides to shine for us. Everyone is happy.

And now it's supposed to stay nice until monday, isn't that just great!?

And we deserve it, hell yeah!!

Today, me and one of my flatmates went for a walk in the sun, and it was so nice to finally be able to go outside because I wanted to, not because I had to. And just to see how nice everything is with all the autumn colors. Cause I never see them when it's raining and I'm hurrying to school.


Autumn colors

I actually try to plan my outfits for the next days. That may sound a bit strange to you, but I want to wear some clothes I might not be able to wear again for a long time. And I'm gonna wear my RayBans tomorrow, that's for sure! I just fixed them, so now I have to use every possible chance to use them before the winter forces them to stay in their case most of the time. Maybe all of the time.


This almost never happens in Bergen.. Just sayin'


The only problem with nice weather when you don't have it too often, is when you're not able to enjoy it. Like, this weekend, I'm working. So I get bad conscience if I'm not out enjoying it as much as I possibly can before that. But then again, a student needs to study as well. 

What a dilemma. 

I'll stop now, Bergen's meteorology probably doesn't interest that many.


ZOUBI ♥ 

Pin It Now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar